Thursday, September 27, 2007

Amy's in the Hospital - Day Four.

After getting up this morning at 6:30 am (usual time for the Lambert Alarm to go off by counting to ten in Spanish at the top of his lungs and he lays by his bedroom door with his mouth up to the door crack) making breakfast, getting the kids ready for school, packing their lunches, getting myself ready, checking all my students e-mails ("Can you give me another syllabus I used page four as a rolling paper last night?"), cleaning up poopy diapers AFTER you have the dressed and so on we headed off to school. I dropped the kids off to school and headed to work.

My mind, as you can imagine was on about twelvety billion other things that needed to get done today when I noticed one of the Village People standing in my way and waving for me to pull over. I guess the construction worker Village person would not have surprised me much or the biker Village person (now don't get me wrong - the Indian Chief rocking the full head dress would have gotten a double take) but the cop Village person wearing the full on knee boots and Ponch and John style helmet threw me off a little bit that early in the morning.

I honestly almost ran him over when I realized that it was not a throw back from a 70's bad gone wrong nor was he waving me to join the Y-M-C-A but actually a cop that wanted to talk to me. I thought to myself. 'You have got to be fucking kidding me...' and complied to the well booted mans request. His partner ('7 Mary 4' I think was his name) walked up to my car and said "Sir, we asked you to stop because you were doing 43 in a 30 MPH zone - are heading to some emergency?" Now, I know that that is actually a rhetorical question but I figured I had nothing to loose and decided to tell him how my week was going.

"Well officer, my wife is in the hospital with pneumonia and I was just dropping my kids off at day care and rushing to work and... (7 minutes later) ... and my inner child wept when my Dad spanked me one time when I was four and... (another 4 minutes later) and I have problems with authority figures and I guess that about catches you up."

He looked right at me and said "Why don't you just go on to work and.. try to slow down a little."

He didn't even ask to see my license or view the bodies in the trunk. I was honest to God, free to go after getting nailed in a speed trap. I guess the truth does set you free sometimes.

Anyway, after work I picked the kids up, got them down for their nap, met Susan at our house (who watched the kids and beat the crap out of Lambert's Red Rock em, Sock em Robot while they played) and went to Lamberts ARD. This was the meeting to decide what care he would receive for his speech and language issues. We decided on a course of action and I got home about 5pm. We went and had dinner at Mom's room and I got the kids home to bed about 7:30.

Amy got news tonight that she should be coming home Friday. They are going to put a different IV in her so that she can receive her antibiotics that way and she should be home by mid afternoon! THANK GOD! It will be great to have her at home. It has become REALLY hard to properly beat the kids when I cannot yell to Amy 'THAT'S IT! HOLD 'EM!!!' Besides, the few blows to the solar plexus that Lambert has been getting almost makes him run away so fast that I spill my Milwaukee’s Best. I could use some help.

Tomorrow I am the keynote speaker at a leadership conference at school (Man, are they dumb) and I am hoping that Amy can pick the kids up from school!

I will update more tomorrow.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home