Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Amy's in the hospital - Day Two.

Amy is still in the hospital and they are still shooting for a release date of Thursday or Friday. The doctor is vague, as usual, and they just keep saying 'hopefully by the end of the week'.

She is still on IV antibiotics. She has been on three IV antibiotics since Sunday. They moved her from three IV antibiotics to two IV and one oral today. That is another good sign.

Amy had a very low grade fever last night but has not had one since then. They seem very short in duration and getting lesser and lesser in terms of severity (although she never had a fever much over 102 degrees the entire time).

They still have her on blood thinners as a preventative measure and are performing X-Ray's daily.

The bad news is that I am feeling sick (stomach and bowels are upset) and I am hoping that does not turn into anything more serious. Mostly I am just tired and wishing I had a break - but being a full time dad, full time professor, and full time homemaker is kicking my ass. The kids had the pukes and the re-run's for a week before Amy went into the hospital and then Amy had them for nearly a week. So, we are on week three of people being sick. I have managed to avoid it until now but it looks like the Fates no longer are shining on my health any longer. Super Dad powers... getting weaker... must... find... cure...
Remind me not to become a single parent any time soon and also to give my single parents a break when they are late with their assignments.

Maxwell has developed some sort of rash / irritation on his right thigh that could be diaper rash from the chronic diarrhea he has had due to the antibiotics we have had him and Lambert on. I am hoping it is just a rash and am treating it as such. I can tell it irritates him greatly and I am hoping to spare a trip to doctor with two kids and feeling like I am going to puke at anytime. He is in good spirits otherwise and seems to be taking the absense of Mom well.

Lambert is fighting me on many things, is getting more tired (I think he misses Mom putting him to bed) and has essentially given up on peeing in the potty. I think this regression is normal with change and certainly is normal for Lambert. I am beginning to think he will go straight from pull-ups to Depends and never be potty trained. I hope his prom date doesn't mind his soggy pants. Perhaps he is the lost member of the the 'Soggy Bottom Boys'. Tough to tell. He is generally in a good mood but you can tell he misses Mom.

On a good note - Micky seems healthy and happy - so that is good.

Sorry for a downer today - I will keep you all updates when I know more.
Jason

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though your life is super stressful, your blog is hilarious. I laughed. We're thinking of you guys. Hope that you're all on the mend soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home