Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Amy in the hospital - Day three

Well, for every step forward in the process, I swear we take two steps back. Amy's white blood count is back to normal, she is eating well, sleeping well, and reacting well to her medication. However, there are no oral equivilants to her IV medication due to her alergies and thus they want to keep her on IV antibiotics (and in the hospital) until Saturday - at best.

The normal proceedure is to take a person off IV antibiotics once they are showing signs of improvement and send them home. That could have been tommorow had there been suitable oral equivilants to her current IV antibiotics, bur because there are none - it will be another two or three days.

This leaves Amy sitting around in the hospital wanting to come home while I run the house with two kids who desperatly want her home. The team has practice on Saturday of which I have missed two of them and it looks like I will miss another. It is frustrating. I am not frustrated at Amy ofcourse - just the situation. I hate not knowing things, and in this case I don't know when this train ride is going to end.

On a positive note - atleast I am feeling better. However, I could not find a suitable sub for my classes had to teach tonight. Matt and Laura came over and watched the boys for us and I went to class. They have helped out a ton and we really appreciate it.

Lambert missed his nap today and was breaking all the rules he knows he should not break. Throwing things, pinching and pushing his brother and so on. He is tired and frustrated with all the change too.

Maxwell's rash is getting better but his tooth will need to be looked at. He fell a few weeks back and one of his front teeth are turning grey. I was hoping it would get better - but I fear it will need to be pulled. We will have two gap smile kids.

Tommorow I have lunch bunch in 'Lunch Bunch' at thier school allowing me to teach my classes but it just gives me enough time to drop them off, run to work, run home and pick them up. Susan is coming over at 3pm to watch the kids as I run to Lambert's ARD. This meeting will help us to decide what care Lambert will recieve in his speech therapy and so on. It is our thoughts that he does not need speech therapy where at KAPP where he is recieving it. We will see.

I have to make the boys lunches for tommorow and try to get some sleep.

I will update more as I know more.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home