Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Amy's in the Hospital - Day Two - Part Two.

Well, it is 11:14 pm and I cannot sleep. Today was not only a job but an adventure. I didn't realize Army cliche's could come in so handy - but today they do.
I went and taught my classes (starting at 10 am) but I could tell I was getting worse by the minute. At 12:40 (I let my class out 10 minutes early) I went to the bathroom and proceeded to puke up my toenails. It was NOT pretty. You know how there is a difference from just normal 'I have had too much to drink' vomiting and viral vomit from the depths of your soul style vomit? Well, I saw things come up in those 20 minutes that had not been seen since the Watergate.

The good news was that although I was vomiting in a public place I made up for this public digression by directly sitting down and peeing out of my buttocks for some 10 minutes. I thought the encore was needed as I had not managed to get the door to the handicap stall closed and I figured my adoring fans needed a better show.

So, after ten minutes or so, vomit still cascading down my shorts, I walked out of Cy-Fair college (a much lighter man) and went to go pick up the kids. I got them home and watching the 'tube' (Super Why is a savior) and proceeded to rock a mad part deux in our bathroom.

It is always a great feeling when you still have drips of vomit hanging from your nose to answer the onslaught of questions from a three year old.

"Yes, Lambert Daddy is throwing up."
"Yes, he is sick."
"Yes, he is sick sick like mommy."
"Yes, Lambert Daddy is still throwing up."
"No, Lambert we do not know what quarks are made of. Some think they are made of tiny bits of vibrating energy called strings..."

I washed my hands about eleventy billion times today in the hopes of not spreading my germs. My father tells me that God only gives me what I can handle.... I told him that I can CERTAINLY handle less and this pushing the envelope shit is getting old.

If the kids get back what I had today - it will go south in a hurry.

My GREAT and TRUE friend Jason came over and managed the kids for me tonight. The kids LOVE uncle Jason and he took GREAT care of me and the kids. He changed a nasty shitty diaper that Lambert thought would be the appropriate gift to give at a time like this and even bathed Max (who was not happy due to his rash). He is a great man.

I went to bed at about 8pm and woke up about an hour ago after breaking my fever. I feel 100% better. Not that I am 100% but I can function.

Hopefully it stays away and I can get back to sleep soon.

Let me give an update on Amy since most of you have probably skimmed down to this part anyway to read about my sicker half.

She has not had a fever today and the X-Ray from this morning looks much clearer. She thinks they may let her go home on Thursday.

Frankly we need her here. The hookers have trashed the place and if I have to attempt to clean up one more crack burn off the carpet I am going to go insane.

I will check on her tomorrow and if I feel up to it drop off some clothes. The hospital actually called with that request and said that she is getting kind of ripe and some of the older patients are complaining. What can you do?

Will update more tomorrow.

Miles to go before I sleep...

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home