Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hurricaine Ike Update - Almost a Week Later.

Things are CERTAINLY looking up today. Here is the update as I know it:

1) The roofer will be here Monday - A week and two days after the storm hit. I am told daily that this is a miracle - I prefer to view it as a LOT of hard work - and some luck.

2) The insurance company cut me a check today for the drywall damage as well as the roof. It totals to over half of the roof - but with the deductible and the depreciation (check your home owners insurance - if you have depreciation value - know what you are into) this was normal. They did pay for a new roof. All the pictures, faxes, e-mails, phone calls, and quotes paid off. The cut the check sight unseen.

3) The house is dry and safe. I have dried out all of the drywall and taken all of the wet insulation out of the attic (this happened a day after the storm - as suggested by Shawn) and this REALLY helped dry things out.

4) We moved our computer into Lambert's old room making a sort of an office. This is cool - and makes the house more comfortable. I ran a new phone line and hooked the DSL up to that. I am getting handy around the house.

5) I re caulked the bathroom shower and repaired the damaged lights from the storm. The shower was simply dirty - the lights are back in and life is good there.

6) I will replace the insulation as things become dry and safe. I got three bags today which I think will be enough. I need to see how to get reimbursed for this from my insurance.

7) I will hire the dry wall work out or repair it myself with the money I received. The damage was not too bad - painting is the big part.

8) The kids are sleeping in the same room so their beds were moved in together. They love it.

9) I have been doing a MILLION odd jobs with the weather nice and the week off. I need to go back to work to take a day off! ;)

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home