Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike Saga Day Three

I have signed a contract to get the roof fixed today with a reputable company (BBB registered and other good things) and the work may be done by the end of this week!

Also I had two dry wallers come out today and give me bids. I am going to wait until the insurance company calls us back to get them out as this is not a huge emergency.

I got up in the attic and pulled about 7 bags of wet fiberglass insulation out of the attic today and we have had a fan on the carpet and ceilings in the two damaged rooms. Those are looking better than I originally thought.

The damage has totaled about 8,000 dollars so far and we are not done. I am hoping for the insurance company to pay back the amount of work we are having done.

We have been so fortunate thus far - we have had power all since Saturday - our kids are sleeping well - everything seems to be working out. Money is just money at the end of the day.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home