Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day Two of the Ike Saga.

Well - day two was certainly better in the wind respect - but at 3 am last night (I am noticing a pattern) the rain came and we began bailing. The tarp that we put up on the roof certainly is not leak proof - in fact at first I wasn't sure it was any better. The water seems to be getting in under the tarp - which was what I feared.

It is better in that water seems to be coming in slower - but we are certainly having to use many buckets and the damage to the dry wall seems to be getting worse. The damage seems to be restricted to the master bedroom and Lamberts Bedroom (we moved him into Max's a while back) - but I am getting tired of seeing wet spot on the drywall.

The good news is that there are only drips inside the house whereas before it was running. What I need is a large tarp to go over the top of the roof and then run it all the way down past my current patches to prevent the situation I have going now.

However, I am sure tarps are in super high demand (or likely out completely) and the rain is supposed to subside today / tonight with a nice front moving in for a week. So, this should give me time to get to Home Depot / Lowe's / anywhere with a tarp and get this done. I have heard no word from our adjuster - but that is not to be expected for another day or two.

Amy and I are guessing three weeks of this madness should put it behind us - but I am thinking it may be more like a month.

Keep us in your thoughts,

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home