Thursday, December 04, 2008

Well - I am a few grams heavier.



I was working in my garage Tuesday and I was using a hand axe. I got the axe stuck in a knot in the wood so I grabbed a hammer to pound it through. When I hit it - a sliver of metal flew off and hit my thigh. After seeing that it cut me - I felt how deep it was. It was deep. It was bleeding - clear liquid (it is the liquid that protects the sheath surrounding the muscle) and then it was bleeding. The cut, however, was only, 1/8th inch wide - at the most.

I grabbed a pair of tweezers and probed the hole for the sliver. It was way too far to find. I decided to call around and see which emergency room was the slowest. I went to the closest - and a few hours later I had the X-rays you see above. A piece of metal nearly 1.5 inches under the skin at an odd angle - and we could not simply dig it out. The piece was .191 x .114 and didn't hurt in the least.

I was referred to a orthopedic surgeon and he said that I should leave it. It was not worth the pain of 'going fishing' for it.

So - I now have metal in my leg - forever.

Jason

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you come home, we'll grab a bottle of Jack and a Swiss Army and dig that think out! I'm lookin' forward to it already!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home