Sunday, March 21, 2010

So... I designed a knife.








Okay, I know this post is for the males in the audience, at best, egocentric at worst - but here we go anyway.

A while back, one of the bulletin board I frequent (Blade Forums - Wilderness Survival) had a contest (one of the members hosted it) where I happened to win 100 dollars credit toward a maker of my choice.

To make a very long story short - it turned into me taking two of the makers designs (Maker - Andy Roy of Fiddleback Forge) - and sort of blending them. I had a prototype mailed to me and after a LOT of thinking, sketching and changing - I sent back a drawing with specs to the maker.

Andy hit the execution out of the park and sent back a knife that is really nice to use. I thought I would show you all the knife I designed - called the "Arete".

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home